Sunday, April 10, 2011

T.V. Show Special

I have been wanting to blog about my favorite TV shows for a while and since Tim is enthralled in the masters and I am doing nothing, I figured this would be a great time.  Here are some of the TV shows that I love:

SONS OF ANARCHY-  By far, my favorite show on TV.  This show comes on FX on Tuesday night at 10:00 p.m.  Sons of Anarchy is about a biker gang that deals guns in the small town of Charming, California.  The writers of this show are amazing.  Every time I watch it I want to watch more.  The story line is great! I absolutely love it.  Season 4 will start in the fall, so I suggest everyone start watching this show and get caught up.

THE WALKING DEAD- Let me go ahead and say that if you don't like zombies, you won't like this show.  It reminds me of the movies I Am Legend and Zombieland.  This show comes on AMC but I have no idea what day or what time.  Basically, a cop wakes up from a coma and finds that a strange disease has taken over the world and turned humans into zombies.  There is only one season out and it is fairly short.  I thought the show was entertaining and I am excited to see what season 2 has to offer.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE-  This show comes on HBO and is awesome.  I loved season 1.  It is about corruption and politics in Atlantic City during prohibition.  Steve Buscemi is the main actor and he does a phenomenal job.  I haven't heard anything about when season 2 will start but I will be watching it when it does.  The show will definitely keep viewers interested.  It is a mobster type show but has the storyline that anyone would enjoy.

THE GOOD WIFE- I think this is the best legal drama on TV.  I have watched it from the beginning and I love this show.  It comes on CBS on Tuesday night at 10:00 p.m.  The show is about the wife of the former state's attorney for Chicago who lost his position due to multiple affairs and corruption.  He gets put in jail and she has to get a job and support her family while trying to learn to forgive her cheating husband.  Alicia Florrick (the good wife) gets a job at the law firm Lockhart/Gardner and the show goes from there.  Viewers see the types of cases the law firm represents, Alicia's husband's past life, and his campaign as he runs again for his former position.  The show is currently in season 2.  If you are looking for a legal drama, I would definitely watch this one.

THE CHICAGO CODE- This is probably my favorite cop show that is on TV.  Originally, it was Blue Bloods but this show has taken its place.  This is a new show that just premiered on Fox this past January.  It is about the police superintendent of Chicago and her goal to weed out the corruption that exists in her city.  It is a really good show and I hope it makes it for a second season.  You can watch it on Monday night at 10:00 p.m.

BLUE BLOODS- Another cop show that is really good but I don't see it lasting long.  The actors in it are great (Tom Selleck, Donnie Wahlberg, and Bridget Moyanhan).  This show takes place in New York and follows a family of cops.  It has really good stories every week but they haven't done much to develop the characters.  Plus, it comes on CBS on Friday night at 10:00 p.m., and we all know that shows on Friday nights don't last.  I really like this show but I would recommend Chicago Code over Blue Bloods if you are wanting a cop show to watch.

THE AMAZING RACE- This is my favorite reality TV show.  I swear that before I die, Tim and I will go on this show.  I love it.  I love watching everyone race around the world and do all these crazy challenges and tasks.  This show comes on CBS on Sunday night at 8:00 p.m.  If you can give it a chance, I think you would enjoy it.  I wouldn't go as far as to say that Tim likes it but he tolerates it.

GREY'S ANATOMY- Yes, I still watch this show but if they do another singing episode I WILL stop watching it.  What can I say, I love this medical drama and I have been watching it since day one so I can't really stop now.  I will admit that the show has had its ups and downs but the past few seasons have been great.  I actually don't even know what season the show is in but it has to be at least season 6 or 7.   I own the first 5 seasons, so if you think you need a medical drama in your life let me know and I will let you borrow it.  Otherwise, you can watch it on ABC on Thursday night at 9:00 p.m.

THE OFFICE- Definitely my favorite comedy on TV since Friends.  I love this show and laugh out loud almost every time I watch.  I own all the seasons and we watch the reruns a lot.  I am sad that Michael Scott is leaving the show because without him I am worried that the show won't last long.  My favorite characters on this show are Creed, Kevin, and Dwight.  This is a hilarious show and I hope it last a long, long time.  You can watch it on NCB on Thursday night at 9:00 p.m.

MODERN FAMILY- This comedy is a close second to The Office.  I really love following the three different families.  Tim and I always watch this show together and we always enjoy it.  Our favorite character is the younger dad with three kids.  He is so funny.  He thinks he is so cool when really he is such a dork.  We also like Gloria and her husband Jay.  If you need a good, wholesome show to add to your list, definitely add this one.  It comes on ABC on Wednesday night at 9:00 p.m.

THE VISITORS- Aliens anybody?  This show has got plenty of them.  It is a sci-fi thriller.  I typically don't like that kind of stuff but I like this show.  I have heard that this show might not last.  It is disappointing, because I think this show is really good and very entertaining.  The show is about aliens that are disguised in human skin and come to earth for a purpose but we don't know what that purpose is.  It comes on ABC on Tuesday night at 9:00.  Season 2 just ended and hopefully the show will continue for a 3rd season.                

1 comment:

  1. I love the good wife! It is such a good show.

    I HATED the singing episode of Grey's. It was terrible and weird.

    You should start watching How I met your mother from the beginning. It is really funny from the beggining.

    ReplyDelete