Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Welcome to Utah

We arrived in Utah for our first (well my first) trip out west to shred!  I can't tell you how excited we have been.  We made it to our friend Sean's condo in downtown Salt Lake at about 1 a.m. (which is 3 a.m. Knoxville time).  We hit the sheets and then got up at 7 a.m.  We ate breakfast and then headed for the mountain.  Today we rode at Snowbird.  Let me just say that snowboarding out here is nothing like snowboarding at home.  I was definitely nervous when we got there.  Sean suggested we take the tram for our first run.  Little did I know the tram took you to the top of the mountain.  I definitely got over my fear quickly.  The mountains out here are sick!  It have honestly never seen anything like it.  We rode for a solid 4 hours today.  Tim was smart enough to buy us an Osprey Hydration Pack (like a Camel-Bak) which helped to keep us hydrated.  We really had a great day!  I am totally exhausted.  Currently, we are watching a snow storm so tomorrow should be AMAZING! Below are a few pictures of Snowbird.







1 comment:

  1. Brrrr! The pictures are beautiful! Glad you two are enjoying your time there.

    ReplyDelete