Saturday, February 12, 2011

Brazeiros

Last night, we celebrated Valentine's Day by going to Brazeiros (a Brazilian steakhouse).  I can't tell you how excited I was.  Overall, the experience was fun and entertaining.  After you are seated you are given a round coaster-like item that has a green side and a red side.  Your waiter/waitress then explains that after you have had your salad from the salad bar and are ready for your meat selections, you simply turn the coaster to green and meat servers will start coming around.  The meat selection was definitely awesome.  My favorite meat was the house special (no idea how to really pronounce it).  The salad bar I was less impressed with.  Don't get me wrong, it was very good, but I felt it was lacking in variety.  You are also given three sides that are served family-style at your table.  These sides included mashed potatoes, fried bananas, and some other item that was described to me as Italian cornbread.   My husband liked this Italian cornbread and said it tasted like cornmeal mush but it definitely did not taste like that.  Finally, after about an hour of tasting different types of meat we were finished and ready to throw in the towel because we were so full.  Now, let me warn everyone about this next part which is THE BILL.  Do not go there if you are not ready to drop some serious cash.  The entire experience has a set price which is $32.50 per person and this does not include gratuity.  We also got some Brazilian drink that our waiter recommended which added another $15 to our bill.  All in all we were out the door spending over $100.  I am definitely glad we went but I honestly don't see us ever going there again!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I heard it was expensive but I didn't realize it was that expensive! Glad I read this post before going there. : )

    ReplyDelete